We are an independent social enterprise supporting sustainable urban development in India.
1 CAPACITY BUILDING
Chief City Officer(CCO) Program
- A 4 week urban leadership program combining 2 week international study at partner institution and a visit to smart city
- Short term technical & managerial training programmes in niche and emerging urban domains.
- 45 days intensive theory and practice program combined with visits to two international smart cities
- 1-2 day workshop on Urban Governance and Smart Cities
- Workshops/programmes for Corporates/ NGOs/ CBOs and citizens on urban and civic related issue Student awareness programmes in schools/college
- Provide organisation development and institution building support incl., Strategy Roadmaps, Org Structure /Plans ..
- Set up Specialised Program Management Units (PMU) and Project Implementation Units (PIU) to offer program design and implementation support
- Assist ULBs/other agencies in project design and support developing DPR,RFP,SLAs and partnerships for projects: public-private, people-private, public-private-people
2 URBAN THINK TANK FOR POLICY/ACTION RESEARCH
URBAN THINK TANK FOR POLICY/ACTION RESEARCH
- Undertake policy and action research relevant to the Indian urban eco-system, heritage and culture.
- Provide advisory services to government agencies, non-governmental organisations and corporates
3 SMART TECHNOLOGIES
- Guide and support field-testing strategies of new smart technologies/solutions and provide overall strategic support and lead public-private partnership discussions
- Partner pilot studies ,proof of concept development ,demos etc., in new and emerging smart technologies.
4 URBAN KNOWLEDGE LAB
CoE for effective urban planning, financing and governance.
URBAN KNOWLEDGE LAB
- to undertake research relevant to Indian context and build urban knowledge centre—build quality & standards, sharing best practices and other supporting data analytics for ULBs
5 MONITORING & EVALUATION
Monitor and evaluate urban policies, programs, interventions and processes:
MONITORING & EVALUATION
- To provide support for policy-makers by analysing important trends in urban development through frequent surveys and data collection.
- To identify and evaluate the potential impacts(beneficial and adverse)of urban development projects such as the Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT
6 NETWORKING & ADVOCACY
To create networking opportunities for different stakeholders- GtoB, GtoG, BtoB, GtoC, BtoC etc., through conferences, workshops and other events
NETWORKING & ADVOCACY
“Smart Cities India Foundation Annual Awards for Excellence”- to celebrate innovation and outstanding achievements in the Urban institutions, private sector and NGOs. The award categories include:
- Smart initiative of the year
- Best urban apps
- Excellence in women safety
- Environmental excellence(WASH, SWM etc.)
- Affordable housing
- Senior citizens’ welfare
- Urban renewal, restoration & heritage
- Water recycling ,land use and planned development
- Excellence in transport planning & traffic management